HEIRS Data Auditor
Official Job Title: HEIRS Data Auditor
Reports To: Associate Commissioner for Research, Planning and Information Systems
Salary: $32.60 to $40.15 Hourly
Note: This a five-month, full-time contract position.
Application Deadline: March 8, 2013
The HEIRS Data Auditor will report to the Associate Commissioner for Research, Planning, and Information Systems and will be responsible for an intensive review of the Department of Higher Education’s Higher Education Information Resource System (HEIRS)—a centralized collection of student, course, programmatic, and fiscal data.
Essential Job Functions
- Examination of data collection applications that includes a review of error-checking processes
- Review of data dictionaries and data collection instructions
- Analysis of a cross-section of data from each collection to look at outliers and other variants in submitted data
- Dialogue with end users to assess how well database content meets the analytic needs of the DHE
- Bachelor’s degree
- Professional experience in the auditing of data systems
- Demonstrated background in data collection and database administration
- Experience with creating data dictionaries
- Experience using SQL
- Experience with Oracle databases
- Ability to effectively and efficiently manage multiple tasks
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proven ability to meet deadlines
- Experience working in a college/university institutional research setting
- Familiarity with HEIRS (Higher Education Information Resource System)
- Ability to work independently and in partnership with others .
Please send cover letter and résumé by e-mail to:
Associate Commissioner for Research, Planning and Information Systems
Applications will be accepted through March 8, 2013.
The Massachusetts Department of Higher Education is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer.