Home > Campus Safety Symposium > Agenda
| 10:10 a.m.
Patricia F. Plummer, Commissioner, Department of Higher Education
Kevin Burke, Secretary of the Executive Office of Public Safety and Security
- Student Centeredness and Campus Climate
Dr. J. Keith Motley, Chancellor, University of Massachusetts Boston
- Violence Prevention
Dr. James Alan Fox, The Lipman Family Professor of Criminal Justice and Professor of Law, Policy and Society, Northeastern University
- Emergency Response
Dr. Roger DePue, Founder, The Academy Group, Inc.
| 11:30 a.m.
"Campus Violence Prevention and Response: Best Practices for Massachusetts Higher Education”
Daniel M. O’Neill, President & Chief Executive Officer, Applied Risk Management
Dr. Elizabeth K. Englander, Department of Psychology, Bridgewater State College
||Release of the Report
| 12:30 p.m.
| 1:15 p.m.
- Campus Shooter Response: Massachusetts State Police Training Program
- Violence Prevention: Best Practices for Public Two-Year Colleges
- Individuals Rights vs. the Need to Know: Legal and Ethical Issues presented by HIPAA and FERPA
- Post-Incident Response: Why Specialized Trauma Counseling is Essential
- Threat Assessment Teams: The Essential Elements
- Text Messaging and Beyond: Why Emergency Notification Systems Involve More than Just Information Technology
| 2:30 p.m.