Developed by: Endicott College, Beverly Hospital/Northeast Hospital Corporation
Learners will perform a postpartum assessment on a newly delivered multigravida who has delivered a macrosomic infant via vaginal birth. Identification of signs and symptoms of postpartum hemmorhage, and interventions including fundal massage, appropriate medications, catheter insertion, and leadership skills will be demonstrated.
The learner will:
- Identify risk factors for postpartum hemorrhage.
- Implement appropriate interventions for postpartum hemorrhage management.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with members of the health care team.
Nurse of the Future Nursing Competencies©
- Teamwork and Collaboration
(You must log in to view/download files)
- Simulation File (.sce) (335 downloads)
- Scenario Planning Worksheet (.pdf)
- Directions for Simulation Mannequin Prep (.doc)
- Script for PPH Scenario (.doc)
- Report of Operation (.doc)
- Student Assignment Info for Students (.doc)
- Student Assignment Info for Faculty (.doc)
- Patient ID Labels (.doc)
- Student Name Badges (.doc)
- Patient Admission CBC (.doc)
- Patient Post-Delivery CBC. (.doc)
- Patient Postpartum Orders 1 (.doc)
- Patient Postpartum Orders 2 (.doc)
- Guidelines for Debriefing (.doc)
Feedback(You must log in to submit feedback)
Population type: senior BS student nurses Number of participants: 10
Comment:Thank you for your wonderful simulation materials. I am a second year professor with a BS program and had no idea where to start!! Amazing!