Commonwealth Transfer Advisory Group
The Board of Higher Education accepted the Final Report from the Commonwealth Transfer Advisory Group in June 2008, with the primary recommendation being the creation of a single, statewide transfer system to create a more seamless path for students transferring into and between public colleges and universities in Massachusetts. The policy recommendation would integrate and replace a range of existing transfer programs to help college students switch schools without losing academic credits. The Department of Higher Education is working to implement this transfer system, MassTransfer, by fall 2009.
The Board of Higher Education established the Commonwealth Transfer Advisory Group to:
- Evaluate the Commonwealth’s current policies and practices;
- Diagnose barriers associated with transfer;
- Compare and assess policies and practices enacted in other states;
- Recommend policies and practices to remedy transfer barriers; and
- Identify costs associated with proposed solutions.