How and When to Certify Students

How to Certify

You can certify enrollments using one of two methods:

  1. Fill out VA Form 22-1999, Enrollment Certification Form. If you certify the student using the paper form, it can be mailed directly to the VA at the following address: Department of Veterans Affairs, VA Regional Office, P.O. Box 4616, Buffalo, NY 14202.
    For OJT programs, the certifying official must submit a VA Form 22-8864, Other On-The-Job Training and Apprenticeship Training Agreement and
    Standards, in addition to the 22-1999. The 22-8864 requires the trainee’s signature.
  2. Use VA-ONCE. Access VA ONCE through the GI Bill web site.

When to Certify