Information & Tools for Campus Employees

Home > For Campus Employees > Optional Retirement Program > General Information and Miscellaneous Issues > Transferring Existing Assets Between Providers

Transferring Existing Assets Between Providers

You may transfer assets between Providers at any time. You should use the Providers’ forms to effect such a transfer. These transfers do not require authorization from the Plan Administrator.

You must establish an account with the Provider to whom you are transferring assets. You may do this in the ORP Enrollment Center.

Special Note: If you are also going to remit future contributions to your new Provider, then you must submit a new "ORP Enrollment/Change Form" to your campus' Benefits Administrator. This will ensure that the payroll system is updated to reflect your choice of Provider for prospective contributions. Your campus benefits administrator will provide the "ORP Enrollment/Change Form."

You should consult with a representative of the Providers, from, and to which you are transferring funds, to be certain you understand any fees and restrictions that may be applicable to such a transaction, as well as the economic impact they can have on your long-term accumulation of assets under the plan.

Transfers between Providers do not affect current contributions: Your decision to transfer current assets between Providers does not automatically change the Provider to which future contributions are remitted.


Contact Us | Subscribe to Our E-Newsletter | Email the Webmaster | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Accessibility Statement

Massachusetts Department of Higher Education. All Rights Reserved. ©2000-2014
One Ashburton Place, Room 1401, Boston, MA 02108   617-994-6950