Active Participants who become disabled must meet these criteria in order to participate in the Commonwealth’s program of Disability Retirement benefits:
- You must be a member of the ORP. This means that you maintain assets in the Program.
- If your disability is not related to your job, then you must have completed ten (10) or more total Years of Creditable Service. The ORP Plan Administrator will determine your eligibility.
- If you become disabled on the job at any age, there is no service requirement. The ORP Plan Administrator will make this determination based on your eligibility for Workers’ Compensation benefits.
- Your employment with the Commonwealth must be terminated.
- You must receive a Monthly Income Benefit under the Program’s Long Term Disability insurance policy.