The plan administrator determines ORP participants' eligibility for retiree insurance benefits. A retiree is an ORP participant who meets these criteria:
- You must draw a retiree income from the plan.
- You meet one of these age and service requirements:
- For employees hired before April 1, 2012: Accrue at least ten (10) years of creditable service* and attain age fifty-five (55);
- For employees hired on or after April 1, 2012: Accrue at least ten (10) years of creditable service* and attain age sixty (60); or
- For all employees: Accrue at least twenty (20) years of creditable service* with no age requirement.
* Total Years of Creditable Service for ORP participants is the sum of their Years of Participation in the ORP and any Creditable Service with the State Employees’ Retirement System.
- You purchase retiree insurance coverage from the GIC (e.g., health care; life insurance; dental coverage).