Enrolling Employees in the ORP
- Provide the following forms, available through the Forms page. These are usually provided along with the Notice of Eligibility at the beginning of the Election Period.
- Enrollment Guide to the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Optional Retirement Program, with up-to-date inserts
- ORP Enrollment/Change Form
- ORP Insurance Enrollment/Change Form
- Form SSA-1945
- SERS Application to Withdraw Accumulated Pension Deductions
Note: Transferring assets in SERS to the ORP is voluntary. ORP participants are not required to transfer any accumulated funds in SERS to the ORP.
- items left blank
- incomplete information
- lack of signature
Plan Entry Date
Plan Entry Date is the first day of the pay period following the Enrollment Date.
Enrollment Date is the date that the campus administrator receives all of the employee's completed enrollment forms and confirmation that the employee has established their Provider account.
Insurance Start Date
Insurance Start Date is the Plan Entry Date.
Campus administrators must ensure that their respective payroll systems are updated for each newly enrolled employee. The correct ORP-Provider field must be activated in the payroll system to be certain that Employee Plan Contributions are correctly recorded under the ORP.