One of the most important jobs a Board of Trustees has is to hire a President. It can be daunting and can certainly have a great impact on the future of the institution. Below are some articles and examples from Massachusetts institutions that might help you successfully navigate the process.
DHE Policies and Campus Examples:
- Presidential Search and Selection Guidelines (.PDF)
- Bunker Hill Community College—School Profile and Presidential Position Description (.PDF)
- North Shore Community College—School Profile and Presidential Position Description (.PDF)
Other Recommended Reading (free):
- The Last 100 Days of a Presidency: What Boards Need to Know and Do (.PDF)—Trusteeship Magazine May/June 2013, Association of Governing Boards (AGB)
- Leadership Roles in a Presidential Search: Knowledge Center Briefs—AGB