Board Self-Assessment Tools
Many Boards of Trustees engage in routine (annual) assessments of the functioning of their own Boards: what they do well, what they could improve and what they would like to tackle in the coming year. Below are some tools and articles to help your Board assess its own effectiveness.
Recommended Reading (free):
- Board 101: Retreats Offer Time for Self-Assessment—Trusteeship Magazine, Association of Governing Boards (AGB) (.PDF)
- Guide to Board Self-Assessment—Association of Community College Trustees (ACCT) (.PDF)
- Board Self-Assessment Item Instrument Bank (ACCT) (.PDF)
- Bristol Community College—Self-Assessment Form (.DOC)
- Quinsigamond Community College—Self-Assessment Form (.DOC)