The minimum required admissions standards for freshmen applicants to the state universities and University of Massachusetts include the following:
- Fulfillment of all requirements for the high school diploma or its equivalent;
- Submission of an SAT or ACT score;
- 16 required academic courses; and
- Minimum required grade point average (GPA) earned in college preparatory courses completed at the time of application.
Transfer students must meet one of the following criteria:
- 12 to 23 transferable college credits and a minimum 2.5 college GPA; or
- Up to 23 transferable college credits, a minimum 2.0 college GPA, and a high school transcript that meets the admission standards for freshman applicants; or
- 24 or more transferable credits and a minimum 2.0 college GPA.