Home > For Students and Families > How to Transfer: Applying
How to Transfer: Applying
Ready to submit an application? Here’s how:
- Review the admissions requirements and deadline.
Most institutions require:
- Application form, application fee, and essay (these may be waived for eligible public higher education students under MassTransfer; eligible students may instead complete the MassTransfer Application. Check with your transfer counselor for more information.)
- Official transcript(s) from each college attended and a list of currently enrolled courses
Some institutions may waive the following requirements for transfer students (check to be sure):
- Letter(s) of recommendation
- Resume or work history
- Official high school transcript and SAT scores
- Submit your application before the deadline.
- Send official transcripts for all institutions you have attended. (Note: you will need to personally authorize the release of your transcript(s); most institutions charge a transcript fee.)
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), even if you aren’t sure you will qualify.
Once you have applied, move to the next step in the transfer process: enrolling.