Home > For Students and Families > How to Transfer: Checklist
How to Transfer: Checklist
- LEARN about institutions and programs you are interested in pursuing.
- ATTEND information sessions or transfer fairs to learn about transferring.
- MEET as early as possible with an academic advisor or transfer counselor to discuss the transfer process.
- VISIT the campus, if possible, and try to meet with a transfer counselor.
- REVIEW the application requirements and deadline.
- SUBMIT your application for admission on or prior to the deadline.
- SEND official transcripts, including your official transcript after you have completed your final semester.
- FILL OUT the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- REVIEW your acceptance packet that the institution will send you to review.
- COMPLETE any required paperwork, including immunization forms, according to the institution’s deadline.
- SEND your final official transcript after you complete your final semester.
- CHECK your FAFSA form to ensure that you have included the school codes for the four-year college(s) to which you are seeking transfer. If you have not included the codes, then you will not receive financial aid from the four-year college(s).
Download this checklist as a Word document.