Home > 2011 Massachusetts Student Leadership Conference
2011 Massachusetts Student Leadership Conference: STUDENTS UNITED
The 10th Annual Massachusetts Public Higher Education Student Leadership Conference was held on Friday, April 15, 2011, at Worcester State University. The central theme of this year's conference, entitled "Students United!", was student activism.
This year’s conference featured:
- Speakers Mary Joyce, the New Media Operations Manager for Barack Obama's presidential campaign, also a leader in the field of digital activism; and Martin T. Meehan, Chancellor of the University of Massachusetts Lowell, and former Massachusetts Congressman.
- Rotating breakout sessions on topics such as:
- Harnessing the Power of Social Media
- Lobbying with the Pros
- Q&A with Massachusetts Legislators
- Inside the PHENOM Phenomenon
- A Q&A session with Charles F. Desmond, Chairman, Massachusetts Board of Higher Education, and Richard M. Freeland, Commissioner, Massachusetts Department of Higher Education.
- Regional breakout session where students can meet and network with other students in their region to discuss and develop best practices in the area of student activism.
To stay connected with other conference attendees check out the conference page on Facebook !
Student Advisory Council