Guided Pathways to Success
In 2013, Massachusetts won a grant from Complete College America to increase the number of college students who complete degree and certificate programs in STEM. This grant allows 8 Massachusetts public campuses to design academic innovations through CCA’s Guided Pathways to Success (GPS) in STEM Careers Initiative.
The STEM Guided Pathways project is independent of the STEM Starter Academy initiative although the work of both projects is closely interrelated.
What will GPS do?
Help students graduate into promising STEM careers
- Provide technical expertise to 7 community colleges and 1 state university by helping to develop STEM completion goals and analyzing workforce needs
- Build on progress already made by the Vision Project and the Transformation Agenda
- Enable students to stay on track from start to finish using strategies like academic “maps”
- Assist campuses in creating integrated technology platforms to help advisors track student progress
- The following institutions are participating: Fitchburg State University, Quinsigamond Community College, Bristol Community College, Cape Cod Community College, Greenfield Community College, Middlesex Community College, Mt. Wachusett Community College, North Shore Community College
- In most cases this is integrated with the STEM Starter Academy