Home > Veterans Education Certifying Officials' Conference
Veterans Education Certifying Officials’ Conference
The Massachusetts Department of Higher Education's Office of Veterans Education hosted a Certifying Officials' Conference at Worcester State College on Friday, July 25, 2008, from 8:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
The conference featured presentations by staff from the Office of Veterans Education; Department of Veterans Affairs; Commonwealth of Massachusetts Department of Veterans’ Services and Veterans’ Upward Bound. Topics included:
- Overview of State Approving Authority responsibilities, policies and procedures
- Overview of "VA-Once" (online certification system)
- Certifying Official Resources
- State and Federal Veteran Education Benefits
- Educational Obstacles for Veterans affected by Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome (PTSD)
The event was designed to benefit college certifying officials, administrators, counseling staff, student services/affairs staff, and all others engaged in serving veterans at institutions of higher education.
Some of the sessions' PowerPoint files are available on the Session Descriptions and Presentations page.