Herter Scholarship Application
To be eligible for a Christian A. Herter Memorial Scholarship, a student must:
- Be a permanent legal resident of Massachusetts.
- Be a U.S. Citizen or non-citizen eligible under Title IV regulations.
- Be in compliance with Selective Service Registration.
- Not be in default of any federal or state Student Loans for attendance at any institution or owe a refund for any previous financial aid received.
- Have a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Exhibit difficult personal circumstances, high financial need, and strong academic promise to continue education beyond the secondary level.
- Be enrolled in a public or private secondary school in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
Scholarship awards vary and are based on educational cost, including tuition, room, board, required fees, books and transportation.
How to Apply
Eligible students who are in the 10th or 11th grades of high school will apply in February or March of the present academic year. They must be nominated by a school or qualified community agency or organization. Nominated students must also complete and submit the current year application form.
The 2016 Christian A. Herter Application will be available November 27, 2015.
For more information, contact the DHE’s Office of Student Financial Assistance at (617) 391-6070.
2014-2015 Christian A. Herter Memorial Scholarship Program Guidelines and Procedures