A college degree can change your life, but rising costs can sink your dreams. Following an A2B Map greatly reduces the sticker price of a State U or UMass bachelor's degree, enabling you to achieve your college dreams with lower student debt.

Here’s the plan

1. Start at a Community College

The new A2B Maps lay out a set of freshman and sophomore courses in your major so that the credits you earn at your Community College are guaranteed to transfer to a State U or UMass campus and count towards a bachelor's degree.

2. Earn an Associate's Degree

Graduate from your community college with at least a B average and you’ll have guaranteed admission to a State U or UMass to complete your junior & senior years—with no application fees or essays.

3. Finish at a State University or UMass Campus

With four UMass campuses and seven comprehensive State Universities all around the state, plus two specialty colleges in Massachusetts College of Art & Design and Massachusetts Maritime Academy, the perfect place for you to finish your bachelor’s degree is waiting.

4. Launch Your Career with a Bachelor’s Degree!

A2B Maps are available in dozens of the most popular majors, including ones like STEM, Business, and Education that are in high demand among Massachusetts employers.


Other MassTransfer Options

If an A2B Map isn’t right for you, MassTransfer offers other pathways to help you reduce the cost of your State U or UMass bachelor’s degree.

Gen Ed Foundation

General Education courses are the foundation of any undergraduate degree. This set of 34 credits can be transferred to and from any Massachusetts community college, State U or UMass campus.

Other Associate to Bachelor's (A2B) Pathways

In addition to the dozens of A2B Maps in the most popular majors, MassTransfer offers many additional A2B Pathways in a wider array of majors. Benefits may vary, including eligibility for the additional benefits of the Commonwealth Commitment.

Reverse Transfer

Students who transferred from a community college may be eligible to apply credits earned at a State U or UMass Campus back to their original college to receive an associate degree.