MassTransfer Avatar

Reverse Transfer
Get Your Associate's After You Transfer

Reverse Transfer Participation Form and FERPA Authorization

If you make progress toward an associate degree at a Massachusetts community college before transferring to a state university or UMass, you may be able to complete the final associate degree requirements at your new institution, while completing courses towards your bachelor’s degree.

Complete this Reverse Transfer Participation Form to authorize sharing of your academic transcript between your four-year institution and your community college to find out if you qualify to complete your associate degree.

If you think you may have already submitted a Reverse Transfer Participation Form, you can check its status here.


Contact Information

(Please enter an email address at which you can be reached over the next 2-3 years. Make sure this address is correct. A confirmation email will be sent to this address and you will be able to use this address to check the status of your application.)


Please enter the information below for the community college you have attended most recently or are attending now:

Please enter the information below for the state university or UMass campus to which you intend to transfer or are currently attending. If you are not sure, you may indicate up to two institutions:

Note: This Participation Form is valid for one year. If you have not enrolled in one of the institutions indicated above within a year, you will need to resubmit this form in order to be considered for Reverse Transfer.

*I consent to the sharing of my personal information (as provided above) and academic transcript between the institutions (as provided above) for my participation in Reverse Transfer, in compliance with the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), 20 U.S.C. 1232g, 1974].

*Required fields