MassTransfer A2B Degree
Associate to Bachelor’s
Students who have completed an associate degree with at least a 2.0 GPA and are applying for admission to a Massachusetts state university or University of Massachusetts campus may complete the MassTransfer Application.
The application consists of:
- Personal information (name, permanent address, date of birth, citizenship, etc.)
- Current enrollment information (previous colleges attended, current courses, etc.)
- Intended enrollment information (institution you plan to attend, planned major, etc.)
Students applying to the following schools should apply online.
If you are applying to any other state university or UMass campus, you need to use this MassTransfer Application. It should be completed, saved to the computer, printed, and mailed to the intended institution. For contact information, visit the Public Campuses and Transfer Contacts page. Please do not send your application to the Department of Higher Education.
In addition to the application, students must request an official transcript from the Registrar's Office and from any other college previously attended (whether or not you wish to transfer credits). Final transcripts must also be sent following the completion of your associate degree. Have the transcripts sent directly to your intended college.
MassTransfer Preferred Application Filing Date
Some campuses may have later due dates, so check directly with the institution.
Fall Enrollment: March 1
Spring Enrollment: October 15
Qualify for the MassTransfer Tuition Credit
- Complete an A2B Degree with a 3.0 cumulative GPA.
- Enroll at a state university or University of Massachusetts campus within one year of graduating from community college.
- Maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA, and you will be eligible to receive the tuition waiver for four consecutive semesters.
- Students must matriculate into state-funded academic programs. Since evening, weekend, summer and other ‘continuing education’ programs are not state-funded, students matriculating into those programs will not receive the tuition credit.
Go to the MassTransfer Tuition Credit page for more information and award values.